Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Last Great Hope

I received "Our Last Great Hope" by Ronnie Floyd in the mail with the expectation that I would review it. I was excited to get a chance to check this book out and review it, but the book seemed to have no "hook." There were a few points that drew me in, but never one that caused me to stick around to see how it turned out. I tried several times to reach that point of not being able to put it down, but it just wouldn't happen. It wasn't for a lack of substance an interesting subject matter, but more that there was a lack of transperancy. It seemed that there was some sort of a disconnect between the author and the audience. There were several times where the authors denominational beliefs shined through and distracted me from the general idea of the subject matter. It took my mind off of the subject and focused more on the theological implications of the author's position. I would love to give this book a 3 or 4 stars, but I feel the book is a solid 2 stars since there was no "hook" and a slight disappointment that it is a page by page struggle to continue on. Maybe in another place in my life it will be more relateable, but for the time being I was severealy underimpressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment