Monday, July 30, 2012

All Pro Dad - Mark Merrill (Review)

I can look over at my bookshelf and pull of multiple books that attempt to assist men along in their journey. There are books that quote people I've never heard of and books that seriously make me question the integrity of some publishers. I came across Mark Merrill's book "All Pro Dad: Seven Essentials to Be a Hero to Your Kids" and knew right away I wanted to check it out.

I have the E-Book version of this on my iPad and I'm not sure I've ever highlighted as much in a single book as I have in this book. Page after page is provided with inspirational quotes from current dad's and people in high positions of leadership. This book covers in just over 200 pages what other similar books have taken double that to try to cover.

Merrill does an amazing job of being completely transparent. He's open and honest and admits that there are parts of what he writes where he isn't perfect. I love how he shares personal stories and gives practical advice throughout the book.

I'm definitely going to be getting a copy of this book into the hands of the dads in my youth ministry!

No comments:

Post a Comment