Wednesday, July 18, 2012

If I Knew Then What I Know Now by Ruby Hillsman - REVIEW

When I started reading this book I didn't think I was going to enjoy it too much, but after the first couple of chapters my eyes were opened. This is a great book! The premise of the book is an elderly African-American woman that is looking back on her life. She's looking back at the events that happened and the things she experienced.  I really enjoyed the tone of the book because it felt like you were sitting down with this lady and having a conversation. It made me wish that I had slowed down and taken the time to listen to the previous generations. To listen to their stories and experiences.

Too often we in the younger generation act like there's nothing we can learn from the older generation. That today's problems and worries are far greater than they would ever understand. It's interesting to hear about how this woman went through many of the things we're still battling today.

No comments:

Post a Comment