Sunday, January 24, 2010

I got lost...on my way to church!


So Jacklynn and I have been members at Real Life for about a 7 or 8 months and I got lost on my way to church. I knew exactly where I was supposed to go and have driven there or by there tons of times. I missed my turn because I couldn't get over and I figured I'd turn into this sub-division and instead of turning around I would just come out on the other side. Little did I know there was no other side to the sub-division and it was a huge circle. I thought I would come out at a different spot and so I turned like I was coming out at the point I assumed I would. Once I began to see that I was heading OUT of town instead of towards church I knew I had made a mistake.

Have you ever been lost? We always talk about "the lost" at church like people who haven't become a Christian yet are people just wondering around with this dazed look on their face completely clueless as to what is going on. Some may be like that, but I think the vast majority of the rest are much different. I think they're more like I was. They think they know where they're going or how to get there, but are completely confused. They have a goal in mind of where they're wanting to be or go and are working towards it, but in reality are heading away from it as opposed to towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment