Saturday, January 30, 2010

Survival of the fittest...

Like I said earlier I'm reading the book "Waiter Rant" and in it he talks about how people get so crappy and choosy about what table they're placed in for their dining experience. I mean aside from sitting next to the loud kitchen or a smelly restroom I'm pretty much okay with any seat...it still beats having to cook and do my dishes when I'm done. Here's a section of the book I found very interesting about why we're so picky about what table we are sat in:

"It's a tough world out there. We all want to have our little piece of the pie and our shot at happiness. Struggle is a part of life. Sometimes you have to be aggressive to get what you want. Occasionally, we stiff-arm people with ambition or trample over them in pursuit of our goals. We don't set out to hurt people; sometimes we just do. Of course, we get elbowed and ground into the dirt, too. Life can get rough. At some point we will all know what it feels like to lose. You have to learn to take it on the chin gracefully and figure out how to win the next time. That's the great lesson of sports."

We see this all the time in the world whether it be taking someone out to get to a higher rung on the career ladder or cutting in line to get to the front of Splash Mountain...usually whoever barks loudest wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment