Friday, August 5, 2011

In HIS Arms...

The other day was one of those days where I walked in the door and my daughter was screaming her head off. My wife was in the kitchen trying to finish up dinner and knew that I would be home soon to tend to her. I walked over and picked her up and she kept crying. I walked around with her and patted her on the back and she kept crying. All I could do for her is to hold her close and whisper in her ear assurance that it was all going to be okay. I repeated over and over these soothing words in her ear. The more I said it in her ear the louder she screamed.

It was in this moment that God revealed to me that He does the same to each of us. In our times of hurt and struggle He picks us up in His arms and whispers quietly in our ear that everything is going to be okay. That everything is still under His control. We often can't hear these words because our screaming covers it up. It isn't until we calm ourselves down that we're able to hear these soothing words.

Maybe you're in the midst of screaming and crying out to God over a situation or circumstance that you find you or your family in. It could be a situation that you never in a million years saw coming. It could be a situation that you have no idea how you found yourself in.

Take a deep breath, rest your head on His shoulder and listen to His assuring words that everything will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment