Monday, December 5, 2011

Car Accident - SLOW DOWN!



Today I was driving in to the church for our monthly board meeting. I looked up ahead when I saw a car going VERY fast around a corner. The thought came to my mind, "Man, he's going way too fast around that corner in that old pick-up." All of a sudden the pick-up decided it had had enough of the sharp turn and veered across the highway  and careened into the guardrail on the opposite side of the road.

I slowed way down and watched as red break lights began to light the way in front of me.


After driving by the accident I thought to myself...too many times that is me. There are too many times in my life where I'm out of control. Where I'm going too fast for my own good. Where I need to slow down and gain control of a situation before I act. There's too many times where I put the peddle to the metal and race around a corner. We can usually get ourselves out of those sticky situations, but just like this truck...it only takes one corner and one guardrail for there to be damage.



So how are you doing? Are you flying down the highway out of control? Is your "Cruise Control" on and you're enjoying the ride?

Too many times in our lives we just need to slow down and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment