Monday, January 16, 2012

Purpose Driven

I never bought into the hype of Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life" books...I'm the type of guy that judges a book by it's cover and I'm sorry @RickWarren, but your cover wasn't very appealing to me. His former youth pastor @DougFields put out "Purpose Driven Youth Ministry" after the success of "Purpose Driven Life." I thought it was just a spin-off trying to make as much money on the idea as possible, but since I got it for Christmas I decided to give it a shot.

I'm only a few chapters into it and I already know that it's going to have a huge impact on my life as a youth pastor and as a father and husband. Maybe after I finish it I could give "Purpose Driven Life" a chance....maybe I'll just throw away the book cover and pretend it doesn't look like it's written for the AARP crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment