Thursday, October 7, 2010

He loves us...really......no...really really...He loves us

We all know the song "Jesus Loves Me" and this afternoon as I was going over our Sunday curriculum with a local youth worker, her 2.5 year old daughter was in the youth offices with us and began singing the song. It was one of those moments where I just sat back in my chair and smiled at not only the cuteness of the moment, but also the innocence. This little girl sang it and truly believed the words she was singing. She may not fully understand the greatness of Jesus or that He came to forgive her of her sins..but she knows He loves her.

As we grow up it seems we begin to forget that He loves us. We live life and we have hurts, habits and hang-ups that we didn't have when we were younger. We naturally develop a thought that because we have this hang-up or we have that habit that God can't possibly love us.

Lately at church we've been singing David Crowder's song "How He Loves Us" and the words he uses to describe the love of God touch me. For the past couple of weeks whenever I'm driving to or from work (by myself...because my wife would definitely not be down with listening to the same song over and over) I put that song on. The pictures that come to mind help illustrate how much God loves not only me, but you.

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us.

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way?

38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,a]">[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39 (NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment