Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"The One from the Road"

My wife and I are on the road today traveling back up north to be with our family for Thanksgiving. We left early this morning and are hoping to arrive at my in-laws house at around 5:30PM. I always drive the entire way and it exhausts me to think about the journey we have left before us. As we are traveling back for Thanksgiving it has caused me to think about what I am thankful for.

I'm thankful we live in a country that is blessed enough that we can leave our apartment in 70 degree weather and drive 16 1/2 hours north and be freezing. (okay..maybe not so much the cold) I am thankful that we're able to have the freedom to drive that far and not be stopped and asked to show our ID at checkpoints. I'm thankful that I have family praying for us throughout our travels today. I'm thankful that when I arrive there that we're able to go out to eat to La Pot. I'm thankful for having a GPS that guides me and tells me where to turn. I'm thankful for my Droid smartphone that is tethered to my wife's Mac so she can watch The Office on Netflix (and I can listen). I'm thankful for having a vehicle that will get us there safely and also get great gas mileage.

Most of all...I'm thankful that we'll get to see family that we haven't seen in a couple of years. I'm thankful that we'll get to share stories of what God is doing in our lives. I'm thankful that we'll get to enjoy an awesome meal together. I'm thankful for the moments where people say awkward things and we're reminded that God loves us despite our imperfections. I'm thankful for warm houses and cars after being out in the cold for awhile.

I won't be posting much (if any) this week so have a Happy Thanksgiving!


(to avoid someone saying "you shouldn't blog while driving"...this blog was previously written and scheduled to post while we were driving...no lives were endangered during the posting of this blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment