Monday, November 22, 2010

“The one where I turn old…”

In the past 3 years my wife and I have graduated from college, moved 1000+ miles away, got our first “real” full-time jobs, stood up for myself and resigned from a bad job I had taken, battled infertility issues, accepted positions at an amazing opportunity for the both of us and most recently God answered our prayers and we’re expecting our first child on June 4, 2011. What makes me think about all of the amazing “grown-up” stuff we’ve done the past few years is that today is my 25th birthday.

Today I look back and see what God has done in my life over the past few years. It is often hard for us to see what God is doing in our lives at this exact moment, but when we look back at the past we can more clearly see the awesome things He has done in our lives.

Over the past few years God has grown me in so many ways. He’s helped me to be able to understand the fact that I’m not perfect and that I won’t please everyone. He’s helped me to grow my faith in Him to leave a situation where we were comfortable and didn't have to depend on Him to supply our needs. He gave my wife and I the courage to step out in faith and He has shown us that He is faithful.

So today is the day I turn old….the day that I’m closer to 30 than I am 20. The day that I realize that the next time I celebrate my birthday I'll have an almost 6 months old child and probably a little less hair and a lot less sleep. While it is a strange feeling, I know I can face it and that God is going to continue to grow me and mold me more like Him every day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm turning old this year too (lol) but I completely understand & agree - God has been growing me a lot over the last few years too. It's amazing to see how his plan works since I would have never imagined myself where I am now. Kids help a lot with that with the growing as well! :)

    ReplyDelete