Monday, December 20, 2010

The One with the Lost Old Lady

image

The other day my wife and I made the mistake of trying to go to the mall the Friday before Christmas. I expected it to be busy, but it was INSANE! I was helping my wife out of the car when I noticed this little old lady be-bopping around looking lost. I asked if she needed help and it ended up that she had been scooting back and forth in the parking lot for 40 minutes looking for her car.

She gave me the make and model of her car and I checked the entire lot and couldn’t find anything. We went into the nearest store and had them call security so they could assist her. The security officer finally came and we were on our way.

While we were walking around the mall I started thinking about how the entire situation. It makes me reflect on Jesus’ words where He talks about leaving the 99 sheep to find the 1 that was lost.

Have you ever lost something? It’s a horrible feeling knowing something you need is no where to be found. I’ve lost some pretty important stuff during my 25 years of life, but nothing compares to that 1 wondering sheep.

Each of us at some point in our lives are that 1 sheep. We take our focus off Christ and instead do our own thing. We think we can do it better or we don’t like having to give up certain things. Jesus is the Shepherd that leaves the rest to come find us and bring us home. Even when we think we’ve found a better field to wonder in….He brings us back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment