Sunday, January 30, 2011

The One With the Alone Place

Last week I wrote about how my wife and I ventured out to a park and I was pretty sure we were going to get ambushed by some preteen boys armed with nerf guns....anyway...While we were walking along this board walk through a thick forest the thought hit me...this is where I need to go to get alone. Brooklyn has helped me to see the importance of getting out of the office, away from home and away from all distractions and allowing yourself to not only have time to connect with our Creator, but also His creation. It is in these moments that we are able to see more of Him in His creation.

There's something about seeing the variety of birds that are created. Seeing the powerful jaws of an alligator. Smelling the freshness of the air He created. All of these help us to connect with Him and hear what He is trying to tell us.

I walked along the boardwalk and thought to myself that this is the perfect place for me to get away from everything and connect with Him. So that is going to be one of the things that I am going to try to do more often. I'm going to try to get away from all the distractions of my smartphone, twitter, facebook and the television...and connect with Him.

So where do you connect with Him? For my mother-in-law it is on a long run through the country surrounded by corn fields and cows. For Brooklyn it is by the stillness of a lake. So leave a comment with where you either already do...or would like to start connecting with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment