Saturday, January 1, 2011

The One with The Weakness

So there was this dude name Paul. He was a pretty cool guy in my book. He did a lot of cool stuff, wrote a lot of letters and helped a lot of people. In one of his letters he wrote to a church in Corinth he talked about his weaknesses. He cried out to God to help him in an area of his life and God answered him,“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” So Paul hears what God says to him and writes "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

You see it is in our weaknesses that we have to rely on God. When we're put in a situation where we aren't capable of doing it on our own. When our only option is to turn to God. This is where God reveals Himself to us.

Think about a time in your life where you made it through a tough circumstance, challenge or time in your life. I know in my life alone there is a long list of moments in my life where I can say without a shout of a doubt that if it wasn't for God I couldn't have pulled through.

As we begin this new year...remember those moments and how He was there for you and that He reveals Himself to us in our weaknesses and know that He will be there for you in those moments in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment