Saturday, July 23, 2011

We're all a bunch of dufusi...

My wife and I have this weird connection...we see someone saying/doing/or getting ready to do something completely stupid and we give each other "the look." This look isn't just any ordinary look, but a look that sends a message to the other that confirms we live in a world of "different" people. We don't have to say anything about the person or situation, but we silently acknowledge that a humorous situation exists.

Today my wife and I were at the place where on almost every visit we give each other the look at least once, but often multiple times....Wal-mart. We were doing our weekly grocery shopping and saw a dad showing his son the fashion fad that should have stayed dead...the slap bracelet. Instead of demonstrating the actual purpose of the bracelet..the dad decided to show his 5 or 6 year old son that it could also be used as a necklace. The dad instructed the son to raise his chin and the son blindly followed the instructions. The dad then hit the bracelet against his son's throat and my wife and I watched as the bracelet wrapped halfway around the son's neck.

I couldn't help but give my wife "the look" as the sharp sheet of metal covered by some ugly designed sat perched on this innocent kid's neck.

We kept walking and I smiled thinking about how the guy was a complete dufus..but in the end we're all a bunch of dufuses....(dufusi?)...at one point or another in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment