Friday, December 16, 2011

Matthew, God's Original Masterpiece

There are times in my life where I look at the 26 years that God has given me here on this earth and I feel like a failure. I feel like I have done so little with what He has given me and that I've let Him down. It's like when you give someone responsibility for a big project and when you see what they've done with it...it's junk.

There are moments in my life where I feel like that project.

Where I feel like junk.

Watch this video..it is a little long, but will challenge you.




There are times where I look in the mirror and see myself. An imperfect man who is often scared and afraid. Who sometimes questions if God is big enough. Who sometimes finds himself guilty of moving away from God rather than toward Him. I let my mistakes and failures turn me into a creation that is different than the masterpiece God originally created me to be. I let this world weigh me down and get the best of me. But the prize that we seek isn't of this world. The prize that we seek is Heaven. Something this world cannot offer us.


It is when we look in the mirror and see the creation we have become...that we need to be chiseled. We need to let God take the chisel into our lives and chisel away everything that is not of Him.

What in your life do you need to let God chisel away?

Just know that YOU are God's original masterpiece.

If you've never heard of The Skit Guys you should definitely check out their website. They're crazy talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment