Thursday, November 4, 2010

Forgotten God-Episode 2

image

“If it’s true that the Spirit of God dwells in us and that our bodies are the Holy Spirit’s temple, then shouldn’t there be a huge difference between the person who has the Spirit of God living inside of him or her and the person who does not?

This may be a silly illustration, but if I told you I had an encounter with God where He entered my body and gave me a supernatural ability to play basketball, wouldn’t you expect to see an amazing improvement in my jump shot, my defense, and my speed on the court? After all, this is God we’re talking about. And if you saw no change in my athleticism, wouldn’t you question the validity of my encounter?” (Chan 32).

It is so sad when the only thing that separates some Christians from non-Christians is a WWJD bracelet. A sermon I am currently working on talk about how in Ephesians we’re called to “put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires, to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”

When we invite Jesus into our hearts we have to expect that He is going to do more than just move in and leave things as is. Jesus is going to totally rearrange the furniture of our hearts and thus we will be changed. We’re not going to be the same after He establishes residence in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment