Saturday, November 6, 2010

Forgotten God-Episode 3

image_thumb[2]

“I’m tired of living in a way that looks exactly like people who do not have the Holy Spirit living in them. I want to consistently live with an awareness of His strength. I want to be different today from what I was yesterday as the fruit of the Spirit becomes more manifest in me.”

I’ve been thinking a lot about this and how if we claim that Jesus has saved us and we’ve been changed…then shouldn’t we show evidence of that? If I really have the Holy Spirit living inside of me and I am really becoming more like God then shouldn’t the Fruits of the Spirit be more evident in my life every day? Shouldn’t I not be frustrated and instead be patient with the person not paying attention when the red light turns green? Shouldn’t I be more humble when someone says I did a good job? Shouldn’t I have more self-control when I want to go out to eat and we really can’t afford it?

So this is my prayer for all of us.…for the Holy Spirit to make us more like Him every day. For us to actually be humble, patient and self-controlled…instead of acting like we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment