Wednesday, November 3, 2010

You must ask…

Luke 18:40-42 (NIV)

40 Jesus stopped and ordered the man to be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked him, 41 “What do you want me to do for you?”
“Lord, I want to see,” he replied.
42 Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has healed you.”

I may be the only one…but whenever I hear a sermon that talks about “we do not have because we do not ask” I always think…mmmhmm…riiiight. This morning the above scripture was a part of my daily scripture reading. Here Jesus approaches a blind man and asks him “What do you want me to do for you?” Are you kidding Jesus? Seriously? HE’S BLIND! I’d imagine if you asked homeless people what they wanted Jesus to do for them….they’d say get me a home. If you asked someone starving to death what they wanted Jesus to do for them…they’d say get me some food.

But…now scripture reveals itself…

Luke 11:9 (NIV)

9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment